Phonics is a method of teaching children the relationship between written letters of the alphabet and the sounds of spoken language.
Let's look at Phonics is a short introductory course that will give practitioners a basic understanding of phonics. This course is aimed at all practitioners at all levels - whether you're new to phonics or if you'd like to update and refresh your skills.
Key topics include:
- Phonic sounds and the sound groups
- The letters and sounds programme
- Using phonics in children's stories
- Activities to use with staff to improve knowledge of phonics
- Activities to use with children.