The aim of the course is to develop an understanding of the underpinning knowledge of Building the Ambition. The course objectives are:
- Describe what Building the Ambition is and what it aims to do
- Recognise how play and learning are connected
- Demonstrate an understanding of attachment
- Explore how Building the Ambition links with developmental stages
- Understand the links between pedagogy and practice
- Further your understanding as to how to ensure quality and improve outcomes for children through using Building the Ambition to underpin your practice.
Improve your self-evaluation through your understanding of the How Good is Our Early Learning and Childcare document.
What will I learn?
This short online course will help you understand the ‘How Good is Our Early Learning and Childcare?’ document, enabling you to produce effective self-evaluations, leading to higher standards of provision for the children.
- Explore what self-evaluation is
- Learn how the Quality Indicators are categorised
- Understand the content of each quality indicator
- Use ‘How Good Is Our Early Learning and Childcare’ to plan for self-evaluation in your setting.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Summarise the main characteristics of the Curriculum for Excellence
- Apply the principles of active learning to their planning for children’s needs and development
- Adapt and design appropriate resources and activities to suit the characteristics and needs of young children of different ages
- Demonstrate the importance of planning, observing, assessing and evaluating the needs of children for their development
- Explain the importance and benefits of child led planning.