The aim of this training is to develop a strong foundation of knowledge in maths for the early years and implement this into practice in order to support children's learning.
- Identify key aspects of maths in the early years including priorities and predictors from research
- Gain an overview of the progression of big ideas in early number sense
- Explore developmentally appropriate teaching approaches
- Investigate different methods for observing, assessing and planning for maths across the different ages of children in the setting
- Utilise provision in the setting to develop maths with the early years children.