By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by the term ‘transition’ and summarise the theory and research behind this
- Assess key issues that children may face through times of change and identify solutions to fully support each unique child through times of transition
- Outline the key partners in the transition process, including parents and examine the importance of partnership working on consistency
- Investigate the effect the emotional and physical environment can have on a child’s well-being and identify strategies to support environmental change
- Discuss planning strategies needed to ensure support a smooth, effective the transition process which will benefit all children and key partners.