This online course looks at how early years practitioners can respond sensitively to incidents of biting.
Key Topics include:
- The reasons children may bite;
- How to use observations as a key tool in identifying the underlying reasons for biting; using an ABC observation chart;
- Supporting and developing empathy in young children;
- Strategies early years practitioners can implement into their setting to minimise incidents of biting;
- Building parents confidence in dealing with biting incidents;
- Key tips for developing resources and
- How to work with parents to ensure a consistent approach to biting in the setting and at home.