By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Define what we mean by behaviour and examine how behaviour is learnt
- Identify the key theories of behaviour and relate these to everyday practice
- Demonstrate the importance of the role of the adult in supporting and promoting positive behaviour
- Apply positive environments for children to play, learn and reach their full potential within
- Distinguish the behaviours children may exhibit at different stages and consider the possible reasons for that behaviour
- Interpret strategies to promote positive behaviour and deal with challenging behaviour
- Identify different strategies that can be used to support positive behaviour.
Who should complete this course?
This is suitable for anyone who works in early years who works with children in their setting, e.g. nursery practitioners, pre-school practitioners, playgroup practitioners and childminders.