The aim of this course is to support practitioners to understand the importance of children developing a love of reading and stories and the impact this can have on their future learning and development.
• Understand why reading is important for young children
• Identify how to develop a passion for reading in young children
• Explore the benefits of oral literacy
• Identify a range of creative story telling experiences
• Understand how to create stories using story props and story stones
• Identify strategies for supporting parents with their child's reading
• Identify practical ideas to enhance reading in the early years environment.
Who should complete this course?
Suitable for all early years practitioners working with young children in England. It provides background information, research from key theorists relating to English. Also included are interactive activities, photographs, handouts and quizzes to embed knowledge which link to practice.