By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain key points from legislation and research regarding parents involvement and rights in the SEND process
- Explore how to build positive relationships with parents and how to overcome barriers to engagement
- Reflect on what it's like to be a parent in the SEND process
- Investigate the benefits of two-way information sharing and effective communication skills in working with parents
- Illustrate how to help build parents confidence in the planning and decision making process.
Who should complete this course?
This is suitable for any early years practitioner who works with children in their setting including nurseries, pre-schools and childminders in England. It is particularly relevant for those responsible for the coordination SEND provision within an early years setting.