The aim of this course is to further develop your knowledge and understanding of healthy, balanced and nutritious foods and drinks. This will support your practice and enable you to evaluate the effectiveness of your healthy eating policy. The knowledge gained will ensure you can reflect on and review your practice to further promote the health and well-being of children throughout your nursery.
The course cross-references the legal requirements, best practice food and drink guidelines and nation specific resources and information. This gives you the reassurance that you are meeting all of the legal duties and implementing the very best practice based on research.
The course covers why healthy eating is important, key legislation, healthy eating including all the different food groups, nutrients, oral health and drinks, diets and allergies, menu planning and food hygiene and resources and further information.
Interactive games and quizzes are also included to keep practitioners engaged and to test your understanding throughout.
By the end of this course learners will:
• Understand the value of healthy eating
• Appreciate their role in having a positive influence on the nutrition of young children
• Understand the legislation around food and nutrition (appropriate for each nation)
• Be able to develop the knowledge and attitudes of children towards food and healthy eating
• Understand how to engage parents and carers and to extend the principles of good nutrition into the home environment
• Be able to develop a food and nutrition policy
• Be aware of a range of activities to promote healthy eating within an early years setting.
This course is no longer being sold. Please look at the new course delivered by our partner here www.safernutritionawareness.co.uk/ndna/.
Who should complete this course?
This course is aimed at all practitioners including cooks and chefs, as everyone has a responsibility to support the health and well-being of the children they care for. This course provides you with three guided learning hours which contributes towards your Continuous Professional Development.