This course will give you an increased understanding of how to provide exemplary practice in the toddler (1-2 year old) room.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain how to support the uniqueness of the toddler and how this supports their development
- Match the correct behaviours to the appropriate age band
- Outline how child initiated and adult led learning should be balanced to meet individual children's needs
- Match the correct support activity to the appropriate characteristics of effective learning
- Recall the key areas of the learning environment for toddlers
- Define how the learning environment supports key development stages for toddlers
- Explain how the balance of indoor and outdoor learning and development opportunities for toddlers meet their individual needs.