By the end of this course you will:
- Discover what Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) is
- Explore your setting’s responsibilities in relation to children with SEND
- Learn about inclusion
- Discover the importance of a graduated approach in identifying and planning for children’s needs delay
- Explore how to involve parents and families
- Increase your understanding of how to get further help where you have continued concerns about a child
- Explore ways to help children with SEND make a successful transfer into school or another setting.
Who should complete this course?
This is suitable for any early years practitioner who works with children in their setting including nurseries, pre-schools and childminders in England.