This online course supports practitioners in England to understand what child abuse is and how to protect children and be aware of when and where this abuse may happen. It provides information on what to do if you are worried about a child in your care and provides next steps and support for you and the child.
NOTE: This course now includes updated information regarding the 'Prevent Duty' (Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015).
By the end of this course learners will be able to:
- Describe legislation relating to protecting and safeguarding children from harm
- Recognise and respond to the signs and symptoms of child abuse
- Describe procedures for reporting concerns
- Recall the process after referral of concerns
- Identify ways in which you can support children’s welfare and safety
This course is no longer available to purchase and is being phased out as of 24 October 2017. We now offer a Level 2 Introduction to Child Protection accredited course available here.